engarian (engarian) wrote,

Short Update

 I spent yesterday working on a repair that I had accepted from a customer.  It basically is requiring me to reweave an old 1960's beaded Native-American style necklace.  The problem is not the reweaving - I'm charging the customer enough to make up for the time.  The problem is the glue.  Apparently at some point, someone did some other repairs to the piece and used a lot of glue.  Really nasty!  And very time-consuming.  I ended up having to remake the entire center element from beads in my personal stash.  They are not an exact match - there is no way that they could be, but they are close.  The strapping, at least, I can manage to cut one row at a time, pull off the old string and incorporate into the new piece.  It is not a difficult project, but it is certainly taking time.  

The only really good thing about this is that I can work in front of my computer screen, so I can still check my Emails, LJ and other places and read while cutting rows apart and putting the beads onto new thread.  The bad thing?  It probably will take me the majority of the rest of the week to get this finished.  THEN I can start working on my Solstice cards.  Eeek!  I'm already behind schedule on those!  
Tags: beads

  • Paperwork and Hoops To Jump Through

    We had a meeting with our accountant last night for our personal income taxes. While DH sat next to me fussing and organizing his paperwork, I went…

  • Just Off The Cuff

    Let's have a bit of fun as an aside, today, before I get down to the usual daily post. Let's play a quick and simple game and start some…

  • Happy Birthday Times Two!

    Two birthdays for me to celebrate today. Wishing joy of the day and a year of great happiness ahead for elisa_rolle and…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded