01. Make a list of five things you can see without getting up.
- My poster of Vanimore that Spiced Wine sent me for last Yule
- A coyote skin hanging to my left on the wall
- My storyboard - goals & sayings to guide my day
- A large collection of old katsina carvings - these are the real deal that I got from Hopi friends many years ago
- Electronics - a scanner/printer, my laptop, a desktop computer, a TV and a typewriter, all within eight by five feet (crowded? Just a bit - LOL)
02. Name one weird quirk about yourself.
I have a hot temper, and therefore try not to lose it but to be easygoing.
03. What are you wearing now?
Long multi-colored multi-tiered skirt that needs repair at the back bottom hem (serious rip, but I'd rather spend my money on art supplies or books than new clothing), a black stretch blouse with keyhole neckline, a two-strand gold chain bracelet that I whipped up with some excess stock yesterday, my usual Live Strong bracelet on my other arm, earrings (a must) and my pagan necklace which I wear most days and a crystal balls necklace that I made a few years ago. Oh, and I have socks and shoes, because it is considered realistic in our weather and society.
04. What's your occupation?
I own my own business, which is just a good way to say that I work too many hours for too little money.
05. What do you hear right now?
CNBC stock reports on the TV, "Glory Days" by Springsteen on the radio.
06. What's your favorite guilty pleasure treat?
Deep fried treats - onion rings are a special fave.
07. Are you hungry?
Well, I just had a granola bar for lunch and I'm having Chinese for dinner, so I don't want to eat anything else or I'll ruin my appetite.
08. Are you still writing for Big Bang?
I am not writing for Big Bang (Tolkien), but I am awaiting my assignment as an artist for Big Bang.
09. Dog person or cat person or other person?
I love both dogs and cats, but am currently furless.
10. What song is currently stuck in your head?
Not anything specifically, although the CD in my car is the soundtrack to Conan The Barbarian.
11. What was the last thing you bought?
The last NookBooks that I bought were the Kusheil series by Jacqueline Carey. Lovely, lovely, lovely. The first two are not epubs, so I found PDF's of those and downloaded them.
12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
In spite of the civil unrest, I still dearly want to go to Egypt and to Petra. I also want to go to Florence, though, and travel through Europe. Given my finances, that probably won't happen in the near future.
13. Where do you see yourself in five minutes?
Oh, I'll be at work for another three hours. !
14. Last book you read?
Just finished Kushiel's Avatar, and began working backward to Kushiel's Dart, so I'm deep into that one now. So addictive.
15. What are you doing this weekend?
Well, we'll celebrate my birthday a few days late and go either to Outback or Red Lobster for dinner on Sunday.
16. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
I SO want to play the harp. I was a very accomplished cellist once upon, and I also play keyboard (although not as well as I would like), and some guitar. But I want to learn harp!
17. How are you?
Well preserved, young at heart, and totally artistically insane and that's the best part of life, isn't it? I love my on-line friends, they are the best. I have some on-line friends that I've known and met for more than 15 years now - some of the best friends in my life.
18. What are you doing tomorrow?
Tomorrow is my birthday, so I'll have to do some work and some laundry, but I'm also going to allow myself some fun. Not sure exactly what yet - weather may play a role, but something fun. And maybe a cupcake for dessert :-)