1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I look fat. No, really. I'm not happy with my weight, and when it shows in my face it makes me feel - well, not super positive about myself.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Currently I have less than $5 in cash on me. I'm super broke today.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
Spoor. Maybe I just want to go tracking in the wilderness? Or maybe I just want to run away.....
4. Favorite planet?
I've always been fond of Saturn. Such beauty.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
My DH. Not a lot of people have my cell phone number in general.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
I only have one ring tone. A ring like an old-fashioned telephone. It seems to be the only thing that I actually hear and recognize as a phone call. All that early conditioning from the days of my youth and wired phones.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
A T-shirt that says "Colorado Springs".
8. Do you label yourself?
Probably, with several labels depending on the circumstances. The only label I want, however, is Artist.
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
Deerform - I'm wearing slippers at the moment.
10. Bright or Dark Room?
Bright, please. I am a sun worshipper.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I really like her and hope that someday we can meet although we are in different countries across a large pond called the Atlantic Ocean.
12. What does your watch look like?
I don't wear a watch. But I do have a Lord of the Rings watch that I wear on very rare occasions. It features a map of Middle Earth.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping - restlessly, but sleeping.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
Some promotional thing from Verizon. I don't do texting - don't even know how to send one.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
There are no 7-11's left in my area. We have SuperAmerica's instead and that one is 1/2 mile to the east.
16. What's a word that you say a lot?
Absolutely. (At least it's a positive word - LOL)
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
My wonderful DH (only wonderful when we are not arguing, but we're working on his temper).
18. Last furry thing you touched?
I have a stuffed Llama above my computer desk. VERY soft and cuddly.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
I don't do drugs, meds, or other things although I really should. Guess I should talk with my doctor since I stopped taking my prescriptions in 2010 because I wasn't happy with them any more.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
Zero. Digital, baby! Digital.
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
I loved being 40, and I loved turning 50. Every year is an adventure, though, and you've got to embrace the ride, it's the only one you'll have.
22. Your worst enemy?
Myself. I can undercut my own confidence and ability faster than anyone else. I can leave myself bloodied on the ground. Thank goodness for friends who prop me back up again.
23. What is your current desktop picture?
An erupting volcano at night from James Amos. Stunning and very evocative of my moods sometimes.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
Goodnight said to my DH last night.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Fly. No question. I've always wanted to fly and would give anything to be able to be a hawk, just soaring above the land.
26. Do you like someone?
I certainly hope that I like a lot of people.
27. The last song you listened to?
Dmitri Shostakovich - Three Fantastic Dances. I actually had to go into the play list to find out what I was listening to at that time of night.
28. What time of day were you born?
I have no idea.
29. What’s your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
Depends on the month, but we moved into this house in late 1987, and before then were in the old house in Saint Paul.
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
Probably, I am jealous of people who have more time, who are more productive, who are more talented, but I know that I can make things happen for myself, and generally I'm pretty grateful for being who I am.
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Oh goodness, I can't imagine why anyone would be!
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
I was at the shop. I had CNBC on as always (I always have the financial markets on at work) and saw the commentators speculating. I phoned my sister, told her to turn on the TV, and stood mesmerized by the pain and trauma.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
I usually just shrug it off, but I very rarely use them.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
I try to be kind, even when I am criticizing someone's work. I always try to find positive things also. But, I have a temper, and can be cuttingly cruel under the right circumstances.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I already have two, but I want two more, one around my right ankle, and one down my left arm. The two I have are in the back of my neck and the base of my spine.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
I used to be fluent in Spanish, I would love to get that fluency back. I would also love to learn French - it just sounds so beautiful. And Irish....and Greek....and.....
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
I did move for the person I loved. I didn't even know where Minnesota was located on a map - just that it was north. I miss my mountains.
39. Are you touchy feely?
I love to hug, and I love to hold hands and cuddle, but I am married to someone who isn't as cuddlesome, so I don't do it often. I usually will hug someone when seeing them again after a while apart.
40. What’s your life motto?
"All you have to decide is what you will do with the time you are given." - JRR Tolkien (of course)
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
When I leave the house, I have my keys, my phone (because it is attached to my keys) and my drivers license/credit cards. Lately I usually also have my Nook Color.
42. What’s your favorite town/city?
I really love Telluride, Colorado. I would love to be able to move back to the Western slope in that general area, even though the snow would be as miserable as it is here. It is such a beautiful area, though. Rather like Aspen was when I was growing up there, but without the movie stars and pretensions that Aspen developed after it was "discovered".
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Dinner at the Chinese restaurant last night.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I used to write a lot of letters, but I really rely on my keyboard and Email now. I can't remember the last physical letter than I sent. I did send a small letter to Sian when I sent her holiday gift, but that was printed from my computer also because my handwriting is despicable.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
No, I used to be able to but wouldn't know how to now.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
My first love is dead. My former fiancee is alive and doing well and we are in touch - that makes me very joyful since he was and is a fantastic person and is also in a long-term permanent relationship with a wife who he loves very much. All good.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
I don't. As an adopted person with no knowledge about my birth parents, I have no ancestry. It leaves me open to start my own, but also open to accept anything of interest :-)
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
I think it was my brother-in-law's funeral and I was in black, of course.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
I really scrammed up my foot the other day and it hurts like blazes. I'll be looking for something to help it feel better while I'm out and about today.
50. Have you been burned by love?
Of course. If you haven't been burned by love, you haven't tried to come close to that fire. And it's worth the danger - well worth it. The burns heal.
So, that's my MeMe for the day. Read if you want, you might discover something you didn't know about me. If you choose to ignore today's post, I'm fine with that too :-)